Tuesday 17 April 2012

Weeks 6 & 7 - They Say Anyone Can Play Guitar

With DIY projects getting in the way, it's really been a quiet couple of weeks, grabbing a few minutes when I can, but at the end of week 7 I managed to have most of Saturday and a good part of Sunday just chilling, getting piece and time to myself and my guitar, not forgetting my laptop loaded with downloaded YT video lessons.

I managed to get a bit further with Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, solo section. I'm still naff at some of the slides, especially the bottom 2 strings, B and E, from the 3rd fret, to the 5th fret, then the next two slides after that with the G and B strings on the 2nd and 3rd fret to the 4th and 5th fret. I've worked out a cheat to get around my naffness so I can progress and learn more of the solo.

I also and time to give Wonderwall some more practise as well as learning a bit of Sweet Home Alabama, just for fun.

Week 7 also saw me getting some quality time with my friend, Tim. It wasn't a lot but it was better than nothing. He does say it's better to learn the guitar with someone else. That is probably true, but I felt under pressure to do well, which made my playing go to pot!

I also - now don't laugh - bought a harmonica - OK, 2 actually. One in the key of C and the other A. I've taken a liking to the blues, just wished I could get my fingers to like playing them too. Now I'm hoping to get my mouth to like playing the blues.

I'm on a mission now to learn the guitar when I can, and the harmonica too.

No comments:

Post a Comment