Sunday 26 February 2012

Arrgh, My Fingers Hurt Like Hell - Learning To Playing Guitar

Today, I stuck on a YouTube video or two to learn how to play a few notes of a song I like. I was really keen to learn a bit of House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals. I also wanted to watch a some videos to help me learn some chords.

I'm getting the hang of E major, E minor, A major and A minor. I also played about with D and C chords. The trouble I'm having is mostly is with my 3rd or Ring finger. For example, If I want to play an E and my ring finger is on the 4th string I can't seem to get the pad of it away from the 3rd string which ends up muted, spoiling the sound.

Anyway, by the time I had rememberd a couple of chords and knew where to put my fingers, by the time I wanted to have a go at playing a bit of the song, my fingers were that sore, which I was warned about, I had to give up for the day.

Guitar Fingers Ouch
Ouch my fingers hurt. - Click on the image to got to a artice about sore guitar fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Telt ye! :)

    http://notquitetouchingthevoid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete