Thursday 23 February 2012

Welcome to They Say Anyone Can Play Guitar

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog which is about me learning to play the guitar.
My name is William, and I'm an absolute beginner - so much so that I don't even own a guitar yet! No doubt the first few posts in this blog will be about me doing some research and eventually buying my first guitar.

I am aiming to buy a 6 string acoustic guitar, and with a little guidance from my friend, Tim, who started playing 2 years ago, I hope to get a half decent starter one. I was looking at a guitar shop's website yesterday and was talking to Tim about what I found there. You can pick up a great guitar with a lot of 'bells and whistles' for not much more than your standard 6 string acoustic guitar suitable for a beginner like me, but I will not be spending too much on a guitar as it more important for me just now as an absolute beginner to get to grips with the basics.

I've been warned - learning to play the guitar can be painful on the hand and fingers.

Classical nylon stringed acoustic
A steel stringed acoustic guitar - instrument of torture for a beginner like me!
God knows how I'm going to manage to get my fingers to do what they need to do to play the chords, it looks impossible and sore, but they say anyone can play guitar - so I'm giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment