Sunday 11 March 2012

They Say Anyone Can Play Guitar - 2 Weeks

It's actually been 2 and a half weeks since I bought my acoustic guitar and I've kept the fingernails of my left as short as possible, trimming them about twice a week. The hard skin is starting to develop and I'm getting use to them being so short.

Over the last week I was shown some great playing tips and chords, including what my friends call the Green Day G, which is the G Chord but with the ring finger on the B string and the pinkie on the high E sting of the 3rd fret. I don't know if this variation on the G chord has a name but it sounds great. It also helps when you're learning to play Green Day's (Good Riddance) Time of Your Life, because when you move from the G chord to Cadd9, then to the D chord, your ring finger doesn't need to move from the B string on the 3rd fret. Another variation on the Cadd9 chord is to keep your pinkie on the High E string which makes this song really easy.

The lesson for this these chords and Green Day's Good Riddance - Time Of Your Life song can be found on this Marty Schwartz YouTube video:




This week also so me being introduced to some really nice Blues music played on the acoustic guitar in the chord of E - otherwise known as 'Blues in E'

Another great video by Marty on learning some blues stuff on the acoustic can be found below, but what my friend, Tim showed me this week is barring the E minor chord with your index finger and hammering on and pulling off the top E string on the 3rd fret with the middle finger as the top 3 stings only are being played. Sounds really cool.

Without further ado, some Blues lessons:

No comments:

Post a Comment